Attorney Katherine Worman represents families in dissolution/divorce, paternity, child custody modification, child support modifications, guardianships, and adoption matters. She serves as a guardian ad litem in a variety of family law matters representing the best interests of the children she is appointed to represent. Katie is also a registered family law mediator helping families to resolve legal disputes outside of the courtroom. Additionally, she represents individuals with appeals before the Indiana Court of Appeals and Indiana Supreme Court related to family law matters.
Born in Evansville, Indiana, Katie earned a B.S. in Biology, cum laude, from the University of Southern Indiana in 2004, where she sang in the USI Chamber Choir and served as Secretary of the USI Chapter of Sigma Zeta, the National Honor Society for Math and Science. She then received her law degree, cum laude, from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan, in 2007. Katie then returned to Evansville and opened the law office of Worman & Worman, LLC before working for the Indiana Department of Child Services. She joined the law firm of Bowers Harrison, LLP in December 2008 and then the Bob Zoss Law Office, LLC in August 2014. Following her tenure there, Katie fulfilled her goal of again owning her own law office, opening Worman Legal in 2016.
Katherine Worman was recognized as a “Rising Star” among Indiana young attorneys in the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 publications of the Indiana Super Lawyers magazine. She was named an “Up and Coming Lawyer” by the Indiana Lawyer in its 2011 edition of Leadership in Law Awards for her excellence both inside and outside the courtroom. She has also a member of the Evansville Courier and Press and EBJ’s 20 Under 40, Class of 2014. Katie is very active in the legal community as well as the Evansville Community at large. She also previously served as an Adjunct Professor at Ivy Tech University’s Evansville Campus teaching Medical Law and Ethics and Business Law.
In her free time, Katie enjoys running, gardening, cooking, hiking, and traveling to the National Parks with her husband John.
- Member, Evansville Bar Association
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- ANEW (A Network of Evansville Women)
- Previous Member (2008 to 2019)
- Previous member of the Board of Directors (2011 to 2016)
- Secretary (2012)
- Second Vice President Programs (2014 to 2015)
- First Vice President, Membership (2015)
- President (2016)
- Evansville Bar Foundation
- Previous member of the Board of Directors, ( June 2010 to May 2016)
- Previously served as Secretary, Treasurer, Vice President, and President
- Tri-State Food Bank
- Previous member of Board of Directors and past President
- BNI Profit Partners
- Previous member and Vice President
- Vanderburgh County Law Library Foundation
- Previous member of Board of Directors
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Membership and Membership Benefits Committee (2012 to present)
Admissions to Practice:
- State of Indiana
- State of Illinois (retired)
- U.S. Federal District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registered Patent Attorney
- Certified Family Law Mediator, State of Indiana
- University of Southern Indiana, B.S., Biology, cum laude, 2004
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2007